Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Post Election Ponderings

So, another Presidential election is now one for the history books. And what a history it is!

I have no idea if the American people elected the right leader. I do wonder if the two choices put before us were the absolute best that this country has to offer. I, personally, know men and women who seem better suited to the job. But I know of no one with enough common sense AND humility who would put themselves and their families into the circus we call public service. Anyone with any mistakes or errors of judgement is subjected to such scrutiny that we would all fail the test on some level.

As for the people who have strong beliefs that this was the right OR wrong choice, if we've made the wrong choice, we get another chance to vote in 4 years and rectify our mistakes, if we've made the right choice, we can live in peace (hopefully) and freedom, knowing that our voices were heard. That's the beauty of the American Democratic system.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree -- whatever side you are on -- whatever your belief -- it really, truly is a beautiful thing that we get a say in this every four years. It makes me so proud to call this country my home.

I also totally agree about life in public office. Every time I watch the news I'm like "no way, no how, would I EVER want that job" I'm glad someone wants to do it though!

Bertamom said...

Anybody who runs for president has to be incredibly brave or insane - maybe both! Now that's the election is over, I can only hope and pray for the wisdom and safety of our president elect.