Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Megan's Obituary


Megan Leigh Brown February 2,1983-July 25, 2009

Our daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, and friend passed away after a 4 year battle with ovarian cancer. Megan was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As a child, she lived in Humble, Texas and Jenks, Oklahoma. She moved to Park City in 1994. She graduated in 2001 from Park City High where she was on the Dance and Academic Decathlon teams. Megan graduated from Mary Washington University in Fredericksburg, Virginia with a degree in English in 2005. While in college, she danced and choreographed for the school’s performing arts group. She returned to Utah following graduation and discovered that Park City was where she wanted to live forever. She was last employed at Park City Mountain Resort. Megan’s great loves were family and friends, great literature, not-so-great trashy romance novels, dance of all types, travel, and the Utah Jazz. Megan leaves behind her parents, Kevin and Marie Brown (Park City), a sister, Sydney Lynne Brown (Baton Rouge, Louisiana), Grandparents, Darrell and Lavonne Brown (Conway, Arkansas) Curney and Shirley Lyons (Gonzales, Louisiana), numerous uncles, aunts, and cousins, and countless friends. Services will be held on Thursday, July 30th at 3:00 PM at the Park City Community Church in Park City. At Megan’s request, friends are invited to wear bright, happy colors so she can see us from above. In lieu of flowers, family has asked the donations be made to The Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Research Program at MD Anderson Cancer Center, PO Box 4486, Houston, TX 77210 or The Huntsman Cancer Foundation, Memorial and Honor Program, 500 Huntsman Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108. Special thanks to the many health care professionals who assisted Megan and her family in this difficult journey.

4 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Marie, she was truly a beautiful woman, inside and out. You will be close in my heart tomorrow.

Lori Renn said...

Heidi Matthews called this morning and read it to me as we sobbed together. I couldn't see it online this morning. My heart is aching for you. I can't be there tomorrow. I have to leave for a family reunion but I will be wearing bright orange and praying for your family. Love you.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry.

Sending love, thoughts, and prayers to you all. Your daughter was - is - a beauty.

Unknown said...

I was a classmate of Megan's throughout her time at Jenks West Elementary School and, though we lost contact after you all moved away, my indelible memories of her are what brought me here today.

I remember Megan's smile being able to light up a room. I remember her laughter being purely contagious. I remember that her dancing was a natural extension of her graceful beauty. And I remember these things because, 15 years later, I've yet to meet anyone quite like your daughter...and doubt that I ever will.

Her life ended far too soon for those of us here on Earth. But hopefully you and your husband can find solace in the knowledge that your angel has returned to Heaven.