Saturday, June 17, 2006

Countdown to our European Adventure

Next week at this time, I'll be arriving in Copenhagen for the start of our European Adventures! There is a ton of work to prepare for a monthlong "vacation." The cruise portion of the trip is taking care of itself; I only have to show up with luggage and passport. The land portion (where I meet up with Megan and Sydney and travel through France, Switzerland, and Italy) is a tad more complicated. Hotels in 5 cities, rail passes, museum tickets, and car rental are reserved. I still need to figure out where we'll stay in Geneva. And I have to figure out the train schedule. And a quick lesson in French and Italian wouldn't hurt. Thank goodness Sydney knows French; it may save us in Paris. I don't know how much posting I'll do, but I'll attempt to keep track of our adventures via this blog; anyone who is remotely interested can check in and see how its going. I'll also post the link to the princess cruise line; they have a web cam from the deck of our ship, The Star Princess. Occasionally you can see the port where the ship is docked; keep in mind the time difference or you'll just see water or darkness. So, back to packing and organizing--and then LET THE FUN BEGIN!

No comments: