Monday, October 13, 2008

Not so Manic Monday

I know its customary to hate Mondays. But I'm really starting to like them--alot. Its always the day I'm going to start my diet and its always the day I'm going to start exercising. And last week I did... and this week I did. By Tuesday, well, diets and exercise regiments usually go to hell by Tuesday.

Another reason I'm starting to like Mondays--I have the house to myself. KB's cell phone is not ringing, no one is asking what I want to have for breakfast, lunch, etc, I can watch whatever I want on tv or (and this is really the best) I can have complete and utter silence. Oh silence--the sound of peace.

So today will be filled with mundance tasks. Running to the library to donate some books, doing a little bill-paying on the rental properties, sorting laundry, maybe even going through a few boxes of clothes. I love mundance tasks--especially on a cold, almost snowy day like this wonderful Monday.

2 comments:

Lori Renn said...

I used to look forward to Mondays when I was home ALONE! I'm never home alone anymore and I long for it. I agree with the diet and exercise thing. Why bother!!!

Bertamom said...

I love my Mondays too! No work, and everyone else is gone -- well, except the dogs. I always have plenty of company with them around. I often have grand plans of really "getting something done", and mostly what I end up getting done is more knitting!